Mission Statement: Hearts and minds growing in grace and truth as we worship God, love people, and serve the community.
We desire to fulfill our mission in Falcon, CO through Worship (what we direct toward God), Community (what we direct toward other believers), and Mission (what we direct toward non-believers). The following are core values that will drive each of these functions of the church.
- Reformed, Charismatic, Complementarian, and Credo-Baptist: as broad theological structures, not dogmatic prisons.
- Rooted in history: incorporating rich tradition through creeds, liturgy, and a historic orthodoxy.
- Expository preaching: systematic, verse-by-verse exposition of whole books of the Bible.
- God focused: all areas of life and church ministry are a reflection of the supreme call to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. We worship a big God.
- Spirit-led worship: combining hymns and modern worship in an authentic, genuine, and heart engaging manner.
- Prayerful dependence: a lifestyle and a discipline modeled personally and corporately in the church.
- Christ-Centered: removing all personal and corporate idols to exalt Christ, He must increase and we must decrease.
- Grace-Motivated: preaching and worshiping in the life transforming power of grace, not fear.
- Gospel-Centered: every aspect of ministry should reflect the narrative of creation, fall, redemption, and ultimate restoration.
- Joyful: an attitude that reflects the wonderful truth of the Good News.
- Engaging of the mind: intellectually stimulating preaching and worship.
- Sacraments: a worshipful focus on the Lord’s Supper and Believer’s Baptism.
- Genuine community: authentic, intentional, and honest relationships.
- Open communication: value input, wise counsel, and accountability.
- Joyous: enjoying one another in a loving and fun-filled environment.
- Unity with other churches: connecting, encouraging, and partnering with local churches to further the Gospel.
- Empowered service: creating an environment where everyone can thrive utilizing their unique spiritual gifts.
- Use of resources: financially generous and outward focused (currently 15% of all church receipts go to our mission fund).
- Presence in community: financially, relationally, and spiritually investing in Falcon, Peyton, and eastern Colorado Springs.
- Culturally relevant: contextualizing the unchanging Gospel in an ever-changing world.
- Missions/evangelism: strategically, intentionally, relationally, and relentlessly reaching the un-churched in our local community and the ends of the earth.
Doctrinal Distinctives: In addition to the above theologically-driven values, we also affirm the following doctrine as a way of clarifying our understanding of Scripture’s teaching and historic Christian orthodox belief.
National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 29 Doctrinal Affirmations
Acts 29 stands in the tradition of historic evangelical confessionalism. While we believe it is vital that the elders of each of our churches determine where they stand on doctrines of second importance, we do wish to make known our convictions on the following five theologically-driven core values:
- Gospel centrality in all of life.
- The sovereignty of God in saving sinners.
- The work of the Holy Spirit for life and ministry.
- The equality of male and female and the principle of male servant leadership.
- The local church as God’s primary mission strategy.