This summer we are taking a break from our regular Discipleship Collectives, but we still want to engage those who have been aching to dive into more topical studies. Our church is blessed with many in the body who have gifts of teaching and we are turning a few of them loose this summer to help better equip us. The Summer Discipleship Series is also a great way for individuals in our DCs to meet and study with other people from different DCs. Below you will find a line up of four classes. Take some time to read through them and then sign up quickly because classes begin in June.
Grace Marriage (COUPLES ONLY)
Grace Marriage aims to simplify your life by making space to be intentional and strategic in your marriage. This class will help you connect with each other, withdraw from outside stress to find peace and clarity, and be encouraged in grace. It will give you the time to think and plan which brings hope and change. Enjoying your marriage is such a gift to yourselves and others and bringing the Lord glory through that relationship is our goal! This course will focus heavily on the conversations between spouses.
- Led by Tim and Louise Bettelli – Tim works for Focus on the Family and Louise writes for Grace Marriage. They both feel passionate about marriage and want to see healthy marriages thrive to bring glory to God. They have been married for 13 years and have 4 children.
- 6 Weeks
- Wednesdays @ 6-8pm (minus July 4th) – Starting June 5th
Adorned: Living out the Beauty of the Gospel Together (WOMEN ONLY)
Have you longed for growth, community, and influence God designed us to have in the church and the world? Let’s come together to understand the vital model found in Titus 2 of older women living out the gospel and training younger women to do the same. In company with other women is how we learn to thrive, how we are Adorned with the beauty of Christ, and how we live out the gospel together.
- Led by Marleen Bensburg – I have known the pleasure of having older women who influenced my life and greatly encouraged me along the way. Cass and I have been married for going on 43 years and together we have raised two sons who now are both married. While being a mother and homemaker, I went to school part-time and became an elementary school teacher for 20 years. Throughout the years I have been graced by the company of many women who I have been within Bible study and fellowship. My chief joy has come from working with younger women. After retirement, I was able to care for my aging mother for the last 5 years in our home and see her off to her eternal home. Once again, as the Lord gives opportunity, I want to continue in the charge that has been given me as an older woman to be in a nurturing community with women.
- 6 Weeks
- Tuesdays @ 7pm – Starting June 4th
Conquer Series: The Battle Plan for Purity (MEN ONLY)
The Conquer Series is a powerful cinematic study containing biblical teaching and proven principles to help men conquer their struggles with sexual sin and begin to walk in freedom. Dr. Roberts—along with other experts featured in this study—takes men through a journey of discovery, laying out spiritual strategies, presenting scientific facts, and teaching practical steps that every man can take to enjoy a life free from the bondage of sexual sin. Whether you are struggling now, have struggled before, or are seeking to be equipped to help other men who are struggling, join us for a worthwhile study!
- Led by Josh Katib – Josh is a Registered Psychotherapist in the state of Colorado and soon-to-be graduate of the Master of Arts Counseling program from Colorado Christian University. He has completed training through the American Association for Sex Addiction Therapy (AASAT) for Sex Addiction and Intimacy Anorexia, and holds a certificate in Motivational Interviewing—a modality of addiction counseling. Having walked through his own process of recovery, Josh is passionate about empowering other men undertaking their own journey by teaching biblical and clinical truths which will arm them to stay the course.
- 6 Weeks
- Mondays @ 6-8pm – Starting June 10th
More Than Conquerors: Being a Spiritual Overcomer
This is a class on practical spiritual warfare, aimed at helping the serious Christian know how to recognize, address and defeat Satan’s schemes in their lives. We will aim at solid, practical, real-life application of scriptural truth, rather than just traditional theories, pat generalities, or “nice” phrases often heard in conventional Christian circles. Most Christians who hunger for a deeper experience of the miraculous power that Jesus promises us in John 14:12-14 don’t yet realize our full identity as His empowered saints, or who we really are in Him. We will deal with how to function in our real Spiritual IDENTITY, how to understand and use our God-given AUTHORITY, how to recognize, confront, and deal with the ploys of our ENEMY, (SATAN). We will touch on questions of demonic forces and how to overcome them (and how to minister demonic deliverance when needed), and how to walk in spiritual victory in our own lives. Bring your Bible and expect to use it. Some homework and Biblical preparation expected throughout the week.
- Led by Dr. Bruce and Judy Fowler – Bruce and Judy have ministered together as missionaries (Puerto Rico, South America, Africa) as well as having been professional counselors and seminary teachers in many Asian and Latin American countries and contexts. They have dealt with severe abuse situations, major psychotic dysfunctions, marriage and family issues, addictive and compulsive behaviors, and many other psychological, and spiritual problems. Bruce, an ordained minister since 1966, and psychologist for the State of Oregon for seven years has attended mission Dei with his wife Judy for about a year and a half. “Our passion is Scripture, our priority is people, and our basic credential is Jesus’ Holy Spirit.”
- 6 Weeks
- Mondays @ 7pm – Starting June 3rd
Signup here today!